Sunday, August 31, 2014

Sitting This One Out

Today was my Grandma's family dinner they have every Labor Day.   The families of the 7 sisters gather for several holidays throughout the year and have a potluck.

My Mackel expects full family participation at each event, but I decided to sit this one out.  Keith had to work and I just didn't have it in me to go alone.  It's inevitable that I'd be interrogated about babies and I honestly just couldn't/wouldn't do it.

After my lung scan on Friday (all clear) and having two people ask me if there was any chance of pregnancy (read my chart folks) and bursting out bawling on the first nurse (I had just given him my meds list that said "anesthesia and meds for d&c" in big letters), I just couldn't bring myself to go.

Today I'm wearing PJs and glasses, petting kittens, watching TV, making spaghetti and doing laundry.  I'm taking care of me.

Infertility makes me feel so selfish and self centered sometimes.   It definitely changes a person. 

No comments:

Post a Comment