Tuesday, August 26, 2014

Follow Up Appointment

I've lost track of the medical junk.   The physical gets overran by the emotional, but here's a brief synopsis.

August 19th: I was having severe stomach pains and pressure.   Calls, walk in clinics, etc. = no real answers.

August 20th:  Horrible appointment with Dr. Jerkface (he was hateful that day).  Given 2 antibiotics after bloodwork.   Told hormone levels were still too high.

August 26th: Follow up appointment.  Repeat bloodwork.  Pain is gone.

August 27th: Thyroid and Prolactin levels fine.

August 29th: Call to say Lupus Anticoagulant (LA) levels are elevated.  Baby aspirin each day for 12 weeks and then retest.

My hormone level is down to 81 and he's hopeful it will be to 0 soon.

If we move forward,  he will prescribe Progesterone suppositories (yippee) during pregnancy too.  

It's definitely heartbreaking to know my blood caused the miscarriage. On the positive side,  most women aren't tested for the LA until after multiple losses so I'm thankful he's proactive.  

Right now, we sit and wait for my period to start and see where the road takes us.  My body is thankful for the rest. 

No comments:

Post a Comment