Thursday, June 5, 2014

This Crazy Life

There are some major changes in my life that are all blamed on infertility.   They're not exactly PC to throw out in a blog,  but they're weighing on my mind so here they are:

1.  I no longer get anxiety about gyn appointments.  I feel like half the docs in town have seen me from that angle. 

2. Me and the ultrasound wand are BFFs. I'm not talking the little abdominal one they use in all the movies either.

3. I've peed on sticks in so many random places.  Ovulation tests don't wait for home bowl advantage. 

4.  I've become a pill swallowing fool.  Prenatal vitamins,  hormones and whatever else they throw my way.

5.  I've stopped paying attention to calendar days and can much more quickly rattle off my cycle day.  Today might be June 5th, but to me it's Day 10.

6.  I've lost my ability to be a sane person.  Drugs + failed attempts + wasted money = crazy Holly.

I'm sure there are many more,  but that list gives a pretty good idea of the craziness.  Tomorrow will hopefully be the start of a new chapter; a chapter that is crazy in a happier kind of way.....

1 comment: