Wednesday, June 25, 2014

The Waiting Room

I've never seen anything like it.  I walk through the glass door tucked in the corner,  climb a flight of stairs and then I walk in.....

Welcome to the fertility clinic waiting room.  No one talks,  no one makes eye contact,  no one smiles.  We all look at the ground and wait our turn.  We whisper at check out.  We hurry through, trying to go unnoticed.  

If it weren't for the sweet receptionist or the small TV that plays the show no one watches,  i doubt there'd be any noise at all. 

It's scary how somber it all is.   Just once I'd love to see a couple leave with a glow or smile.  I'm hoping that they do the "happy appointments" during a different time slot and that they're not just that scarce and rare!  Then again,  maybe seeing yet another pregnant person would just add to the pain.

Anyway,  I'll be back in that waiting room again next week.  Come on lefty,  produce my dream egg and let's do this!! 

No comments:

Post a Comment