Friday, June 20, 2014

Heartbroken

My biggest fear through my infertility has been losing a baby.  I don't know how you pull yourself up after that.  I don't think I'm as strong as the 1 in 4 women who survive it. 

And then there's my cousin.  Yesterday I got the text,  "Call me when you get a chance. "  My heart sank.  I didn't need to call;  I already knew.   This is their third baby that's now in heaven instead of in her arms.   My heart is broken for her and her husband.

I was going to go to the sex scan with them.  We had started talking baby shower plans.  We all had hope.  And now her heart is in a million pieces.  I guess I'll never understand why these things happen.  I'm amazed by her strength.

Please say a prayer for them.   She's hurting,  her body has a terrible task ahead, and she needs comfort and love.   Help all of us know what to say and do to help them instead of hurt them.

RIP Sweet Baby.   I know there are some loved ones in heaven who are cradling you tight.

No comments:

Post a Comment