Wednesday, October 1, 2014

Capture Your Grief Day 1

October is National Pregnancy and Infant Loss Awareness Month and a healing project is being led by the Carly Marie Project

I've decided to participate (some days) and see where it takes me.  I feel cheesy when I "reflect" but I'm doing it anyway.  If you want to skip these posts, I totally understand. 

Day 1: SUNRISE. Let us honour the beginning of this healing month by waking up early to watch the sunrise wherever we in the world. This will be a beautifully, poignant way for us all to feel connected and energized for the month ahead. When you go outside to watch the sunrise this morning, don’t just snap a picture and upload it right there on the stop. Take some time to breathe the sunrise in. Make yourself a nice cup of tea and sit down to breathe in the fresh air, the scent of the new morning and all of the colours and sounds. Spend some time reflecting upon your children and your journey so far. Give yourself some time to feel at peace. If there is no visible sunrise in your part of the world because of the weather, don’t be upset, this is life and nature, and it really doesn’t matter. All that matters is that you take the time out of your day to be with us all in spirit. Take a photo of your surroundings, no matter what the weather is like. If you share your photo online make sure you write what State/Country you are in and the time of the sunrise. So google the sunrise time in your part of the world and set your alarm. Send some love out to everyone else in the world who is grieving the death of a child and remember those gone before us who were made to grieve in silence. We honour these people too.

The sun didn't rise here in Morgantown, WV USA.  It's rainy, dreary and blue.  The Eeyore side of me thinks, Yup that's fitting.  Life is sad and blue and hurts like hell some times.  But the parts of my heart that have healed know the sun will be back.  The warmth and brightness isn't gone forever. 

Today, someone in the world will be told their baby doesn't have a heartbeat anymore.  I'm praying for them and know how rainy and dreary and cold the world feels to them.  But today, I got a card swap email from a lady who lost her firstborn son, but is now the proud adoptive Mommy of a sweet little girl - a great reminder that the sun comes up and warms your soul.  

Here's my first picture.... It's far from fancy and was taken during my morning rush.   Below is another shot I took last night after a rain storm.   This project is already forcing me to stop and appreciate little things and makes me smile as I remember our baby.

No comments:

Post a Comment