Saturday, October 4, 2014

Capture Your Grief Day 5

Day 5: JOURNAL. Writing is a wonderful tool for healing. When you put your pen to paper you may have no idea where you are going or where you will end up and that is the beauty of it. It is your own adventure. Find some time today to write. You can write about whatever is on your heart right now. It gives you the chance to write down anything that you need to release. Some ideas on things to write about are, you could write a letter to your children or maybe a letter to yourselves. You may want to write about what you are feeling in this present moment or maybe you could write about a memory you have of your children. Do you have a poem inside you or a short story that is waiting to come out? Maybe it is just one word, that needs to be written over and over and over. Whatever it is, write as little or as much as you need to. You may want to write in a journal, on a piece of paper, a postcard, a post-it note, a blackboard or a tree in your garden. If you try to write something today and it all seems to go horribly wrong, don’t be disappointed. This is where you are in your journey at this very point in time and sometimes our minds are too clouded to be able to  write. You can always come back to it or skip the day together. There is no pressure to complete this project. Remember my rules!

For My Future Rainbow Baby/Babies....A list of my promises to you:

1. I promise to love you.   I believe there's no better gift than love.

2. I promise to tell you all about how long the road was to bring you into our family just so you never doubt that you're meant to be exactly where you are. (When you're old enough to understand)

3. I promise to take you to all of the places I've dreamed of taking my children: Pumpkin patches,  American Girl store (sorry son), Disney World, dance class, sporting events,  etc.

4. I promise to tell you about your brother or sister in heaven and about your Grandma who would have loved you more than you'll ever be able to fathom.

5. I promise to rock you and sing to you and kiss your boo boos and "baby" you in the way that only a Mommy can.

6. I promise to raise you to have manners, a work ethic and respect. I promise to punish you when you need it, only to teach you right from wrong.

7. I promise to fight for my marriage so you grow up with a solid example of what a marriage should be.  I'll try my best to teach you how to be a good spouse and parent.

8. I promise to teach you about Jesus and raise you in church.  I can't wait to hear you sing Jesus Loves Me.

9. I promise to show you the importance of family.  You'll be loved by people who are blood family and our "extra" family; they've all been praying for you.

10. I promise to love you.  It's worth repeating....You will be loved my sweet baby.

No comments:

Post a Comment