Wednesday, October 8, 2014

Capture Your Grief Day 9

Day 9: IN MEMORY. There is such a deep-rooted yearning that we feel when our beloved children die. This yearning hurts but it also inspires us to get creative to do something in memory of our children. Have you done anything in memory of your child? Maybe it is something your created for them. A tattoo or a piece of jewellery. Did you create a garden? Maybe you created an organization or a charity benefit. Maybe you took up a new practice. A new hobby. Writing, painting, dancing, reading. Share away.

Again, this just isn't part of my healing.  I've got Perry's big brother announcement shirt that I'll always treasure, but I've not really memorialized our baby in any way.  Maybe this will come later. 

Perry's shirt came from Zoey's Attic and is similar to the one below.   All of my baby stuff is still at my sister's house.  The day we had our ultrasound, I threw everything I had bought in our foyer and told her to make it disappear.  (Yeah, that's not healthy.)  At some point, I'll go through it all.....

No comments:

Post a Comment