Tuesday, October 7, 2014

Capture Your Grief Day 8

Day 8: RESOURCE. When we become bereaved, in the beginning, many of us look outwards for help. We set out in the night with a blanket and a lantern in search of others like us. Along the road we usually find someone or something and it is with that discovery that we can walk this road with understanding company we watch the sun begin to rise over our worlds again. Share some resources that have aided you in your healing journey. It may be a website, charity, organization, a person/teacher/therapist/new friend etc. Whatever it is, share what is so wonderful about that resource and how it has helped you. Please feel welcome to share links so that others can benefit.

I've always been a blog reader, so after our loss, I was on the hunt for other women who have been in my shoes.  While reading, I found two sites that were full of information and links to other bloggers.

On one particularly bad night, I decided to sign up for some exchanges to attempt to cheer myself up and to hopefully bring some cheer to my exchange partner.   I signed up for a card exchange through www.amateurnester.com and a gift exchange through www.ttcsisters.com .  I never imagined what an impact that decision would have on me.   

I've now "met" two amazing ladies and they've helped me so much!  I am so thankful God brought H and C into my life.  I hope we have long lasting friendships full of more happy times than sad.  They have truly helped me work on healing!

Instagram has also been surprisingly helpful.   There's a whole TTC community on there, that's full of information and support. 

The pictures are the fronts of the cards I've received from exchanges....I love snail mail, and both ladies sent me perfect cards :) 

No comments:

Post a Comment