Sunday, October 5, 2014

Capture Your Grief Day 6

Day 6: BOOKS. So many of us turn to reading in the wake of the death of our children. We take solace in other people’s words, stories, journeys and wisdom. Have you read any books that have helped in this journey of healing after loss? They don’t have to be specifically about the death of a child, just anything that helped you. Share about how they helped you and what you loved about them. You can share books that help grieving children too. Please feel welcome to share links.

After the miscarriage, I saw a post on Facebook about the best books on infertility.  Silent Sorority was the most recommended so I quickly downloaded it on my Nook.  The next day I ordered the rest from a used bookstore online.   

So far, I've only read Silent Sorority, mainly because we've been busy lately and also because my brain and heart needed a break.  The book held my attention and had great tips, but it just wasn't the right book for me at this point in our battle.  This story focuses on accepting a childless life, but we're not at that point yet. (Jesus please)  

I'm looking forward to seeing the other books that are recommended by ladies participating in this project.  Winter is my reading season, so bring on the books.  I've got an awesome new mug and Starbucks hot chocolate (Thanks, Holly S.) that will go perfectly with a good book. 

As far as reading things to help me heal, really those have been quotes on Pinterest, emails from friends, cards, and things posted on Instagram.  

No comments:

Post a Comment