Monday, April 28, 2014

I've Got A Shovel and I (Barely) Know How To Use It

This past weekend,  we started a massive landscaping project.  I absolutely suck at remembering to do before and after photos,  but please know,  we made some definite improvements. 

Our side yard and front corner are dug out, mulched and filed with perennial plants. Our front stoop "prickly twigs" are gone and replaced by two new bushes (that were on clearance Woohooooo.) And all of my pots are full of annuals and I even went crazy and mixed colors this year. 

We learned some valuable lessons along the way:

1.  2 huge blankets don't stop mulch liquid from seeping through and making your car permanently stink.

2. 20 bags of mulch is a bit excessive.

3. Our contractors were clearly lazy and just buried leftover pipe,  drywall and ceiling tile.

4. Landscaping ruins your hands and reminds you how out of shape you are.

5.  Hiring landscapers for all future homes is not negotiable.  I can still enjoy the garden section and nursery to find pot fillers,  but that's where we draw the line lol

And now for some weekends pictures that I did remember to snap!!

No comments:

Post a Comment