Sunday, April 20, 2014

Easter In An Eggshell

What a weekend.  

Thursday: Keith picked up Perry and we quickly realized he had the stomach flu.  Keith's car had to be steam cleaned,  the half bath was temporarily painted purple (I'll never buy grape Gatorade again) and we got very little sleep in between bucket dumps.

Friday: We camped out at home for a LONG day of sanitizing,  laundry and airing out the house (the cats were loving the fresh air).  Perry watched movies,  I caught up on Netflix and Keith channel surfed.  It was nice to be lazy, but I would have preferred to skip the "accidents" and the little dude feeling rough.

Saturday: His energy was back with a vengeance.   The Easter Bunny came a day early to our house since his Mother is too selfish to share a holiday with us.  We unwrapped goodies then headed to PA to see the inlaws and grab dinner before taking the kiddo home.

Sunday: Slept in and spent the day eating way too much with my family.   This was the first year that all of my family's Easter traditions ceased and I'd be lying if I said it wasn't sad and disappointing.  My Mom always made holidays fun and special,  so it's hard to lose all that.  To add to the joy, we got absolutely interrogated over having children, to the point of tears (thankfully no one noticed). 

All in all,  the weekend flew by and I'm still praying we don't catch the stomach flu.  We did enjoy our time with family and the extra day off work.  Most of all,  we're thankful for the real meaning behind the holiday.   Thank you Lord for this life I'm blessed to live.  He is Risen.

No comments:

Post a Comment