Tuesday, February 3, 2015

Dazed and Confused

I had my follow up ultrasound today and the new doctor confirmed that I've got a whole lot of nothing going on this month.  I've got some <10 follicles, but those are useless.  

What an update. Sigh.

But in happier news.  I love the new doctor.  He's a hippie Santa Claus and he was consulted on the John and Kate Plus 8 pregnancy so he's technically a big deal lol.   He's from Illinois and he's dealt with uterine weirdos like me before.  GAME ON.

Basically, he wants to do injections.   He says me and my eggs aren't getting any younger and it's time to call in the big dogs.  He sat with me for 30 minutes and talked percentages and drew pictures and gave me everything I've been missing from my original doc. 

I'm not sure what to do next.  The $1,100.00 price tag for each cycle is very concerning.  That's my biggest concern.  I can handle the needles (I hope) but in my mind this is our last hope.  It's scary.  It's overwhelming.

I'm lost and confused.  Luckily or unluckily we have 2 weeks to figure it out.  Truthfully it might come down to eeny meeny miny moe.   Whatever happens, hopefully hippie Santa can bring us a baby!

No comments:

Post a Comment