Thursday, February 12, 2015

Pie and A Heartdump

I have a friend, we'll call her H.  She's quite possibly one of the funniest people I've ever met....the girl makes my ribs hurt from laughing.  Anyway, H fought LONG and HARD to get her little man.  I won't go into the whole story, but if you ever wanna know it, she wrote a book (I'll send you the link) and you can read all about their miracle.  Amazing story. Amazing book.

Well a few months ago (um maybe a year now) I texted her about her fertility massage services.  She told me to keep trying and we'd touch base down the path.  A lot happened in that time (diagnosis of UU, pregnancy, miscarriage, etc) so I never reached out.  Well around Christmas we ran into each other while doing a charity shopping event and in the shoe aisle she yelled, "Don't think you've escaped the talk" (or something like that).   In hindsight I think my hormonal meltdown over needy kids might have been a red flag that I was cracking.

Anyway, we made plans to meet for pie and chatting and she shared her wealth of knowledge with me.   It's a whole new path that I'll totally admit isn't in my comfort zone, but I trust her so I'm trying.  There's a lot of emotional/mental portions, oils, quartz and tea.  She tried to take away my one caffeine a day, but I think she saw the crazy in my eyes, and left that one alone lol. 

There were tears, more laughter, hugs and strange looks from strangers when they overheard us say cervical mucus, but it felt good to dump my heart on someone who knows what it's like.  And she even brought me a cute vintage hanky......this definitely isn't her first rodeo.

*The photo is altered to hide name and number, but if anyone wants her contact info, I'll gladly pass it on. 

No comments:

Post a Comment