Friday, February 6, 2015

Oh Yeah, I'm Aware.....

Facebook is my frenemy.  I love to hate it and hate to love it.  It's a constant game of emotional Russian Roulette. 

Every day I'm guaranteed to see a pregnancy announcement, a birth announcement, a bump update, a newborn pic, a pregnancy complaint or something that reminds me that I'm not pregnant. 

I'm OK to face these 99% of the time.  I often hit "like" because I'll always believe babies are something to love and be thankful for.  

Today was different.  Someone posted,  "It's official, I'm going to be a Mommy," so I hit like and kept scrolling.  Next thing I know, a private message shows up in my Facebook conversations.   I am dumbfounded.  I am appalled.  I am baffled. 

How does faking a pregnancy bring awareness to cancer?  How does joking about a fake baby help anyone?  I'm aware of cancer.... It took my Mom.  I'm also aware of infertility..... It has to-date taken my dreams of being a Mom. 

I've seen plenty of these Facebook games before, but today it just hit a nerve.  Oh sweet girl who posted this, I pray you never have to face a time where you would give pretty much anything to be the one to post a pregnancy announcement. 

No comments:

Post a Comment