Wednesday, September 24, 2014

Hearts

It takes all kinds of people to make the world go round.  I've met such a variety of people in my life that I could spend hours going on and on about the differences.  To me though, there's always been one type that stands out....those with huge hearts. 

I always considered my Mom one of these people.  She was quick to love, quick to cry and quick to nurture.  She put others before herself so selflessly.  She loved unconditionally. 

As I've grown older,  I've realized that I'm drawn to these people.  They're my best friends and my spouse.  They're the family members I'm closest to.  I have always realized it, but today it hit me like a ton of bricks.  

Last night, I made the mistake of watching our announcement reaction videos on my phone.  I have the ones of Keith, Heidi and April finding out.  I cried in private and tried to cheer up, but I was just having a rough few days.

Today, I got a package in the mail.   My dear friends Jenni and Jan had me a bracelet made to honor our baby.  I broke down crying in my driveway.  I'll never be able to explain what it means to me.  They  had tears of joy when I told them I was pregnant, and they've grieved and cared for me since the loss.  From miles away, their big hearts have comforted me.

My best friend, April, is another one.  She's there day or night, no questions asked, no complaints.  She's just there (often with therapy cheesefries) to love and cry with you.  She's been by my side at hospitals, funeral homes, and pretty much everywhere else in this state.  She knows me better than I know myself sometimes.

There are so many others: My friends Julie and Beth.  We laugh and cry together and take care of each other. My sister Heidi. She's a little Debbie Jr.  She'll hug me and hold me up anytime I need her.  My husband.  God knows his heart is huge or he would have run away from me forever ago.  And there are so many more.  I could go on for hours.

Yesterday when I wrote about M and how helpful she was, after I hit publish, I thought, my goodness I hope that didn't downplay the love and support of others.  Those who've never been down this path, may not know exactly what it feels like, but they've cried with me, loved me and never left my side.  They're priceless in my eyes.  I'd still be bawling on the bathroom floor without my big hearted supporters.  So if I don't say it enough.... Thank you all from the bottom of my heart.....I'd be lost without you and I love you guys. 

4 comments:

  1. I'm so so sorry for your loss, Holly. Its a beautiful bracelet and I'm glad you have so many wonderful people in your life lifting you up.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Jessah. I haven't taken the bracelet off since I opened it. I'm truly blessed.

      I've followed your blog for quite a while and I'm thrilled for you and your husband. Please know there is someone in WV praying for you guys and cheering you on through your pregnancy =)

      Delete
  2. Replies
    1. Thank you, Jan. Your support means the world to me. *Hugs*

      Delete