Wednesday, July 23, 2014

A Dream Come True (Look Back #1)

July 23, 2014

How do you document the day you never saw coming?   The day you've only dreamed about.

I woke up on Wednesday morning and decided to take another pregnancy test.  My period was still MIA, but I had been long overdue before on the meds.   I did the test and laid it aside.  I finally picked it up and holy cow there was a shadow.  I kept staring and the shadow looked more like a line.  I think I quit breathing.

I continued getting ready and freaking out.  I didn't know it was possible for so many thoughts to run through my head.  I finally thought to call the doc, but they didn't open for another hour.

So, off to work I went.  I immediately called the doc and they squealed with me and told me to come right in.   20 minutes later,  I was happily getting stabbed.  I squealed some more with the ladies at the office and headed to Starbucks to get my last coffee (just incase.)

I stalked my phone for almost two hours when it finally rang.  My sweet nurse Vicki said, "Well, you're definitely pregnant.  Your level is 1,316 so you're good and pregnant.  We don't even need to repeat your bloodwork." 

Next up was the call back to schedule my ultrasound.  August 4th.... You can't come soon enough.  And thank you kind receptionist (Misty, I think) for squealing with me yet again.

Now I've had to sit at work all day.  I'm dying to scream "I'm Pregnant" at the top of my lungs.  I've picked up the phone 101 times.  I can't explain the emotions.

I've read tons of websites, browsed big brother shirts and pregnancy announcements, and about lost my mind.  I am dying to tell Keith.  I've never been so excited about something.

I'm.  Pregnant.    ME.   It's not someone else this time it's us.   I'm a Mommy.

Oh sweet doodlebug.... Please be healthy and here to stay.   Your Mama loves you more than words can explain. 

Please note: Yes,  pee sticks,  awful selfies and bloodwork site pics are tacky,  but I can't help it......I refuse to miss any part of documenting this day!

No comments:

Post a Comment