Wednesday, October 30, 2013

Holly Hall/Rachael Ray….see a similarity there?

No, me neither, but it was worth a shot.  And hey, I have her cookware (shout out to the awesome bridesmaids who got me that for a wedding shower gift!!)

The latest things cooking in those pots:

Update on the Ham, Potato, and Broccoli Casserole that I mentioned here.
I followed some of the tips and tricks and here is my version – everyone had seconds so it must have turned our alright =)

1 - 16 oz bag of frozen crinkle cut fries
1- 16oz bag of frozen chopped broccoli - thawed
1 1/2 cups of cooked, cubed ham (I bought a bag from Aldi)
1 small can cream of mushroom soup
3/4 can of milk
1/4 cup mayo
1/2 cup fresh Parmesan cheese
1/2 cup shredded cheddar cheese
Garlic salt
Onion powder
Black pepper

Preheat oven to 375
Spray 9x13 baking dish with cooking spray.  Layer bottom with single layer of french fries, add a layer of broccoli, then sprinkle ham evenly on top. 
In a small bowl, mix together milk, soup, parm cheese, spices and mayo.  Pour mixture evenly over ingredients. 
Bake uncovered for 40 minutes.
Add cheddar cheese to top of casserole and bake an additional 10 minutes. 

Then there was the Pinterest recipe that caught my eye.  I was mid-cooking this dinner when I remembered that we were suppose to be at my Grandma’s for dinner so we loaded this up and took it for a side item.  The bowl was licked clean and the recipe was demanded.  Will definitely make again (Only modification was I used less noodles than listed simply because I only had half a pack in the pantry.)   




And Potato Soup – recipe from my friend Debbie Arnette.  This ain’t healthy folks, but it is amazing on a cold day. 

Wash, peel and dice 7 large potatoes
Cut up 15 baby carrots - I slice into 4 pieces
Boil in 3 parts water, 1 part milk (until veggies are covered) with a few dashes of celery seed, salt and pepper.

Mix one packet of pepper gravy mix with the water required on the package to make the rue.

Slowly add this into the veggies/broth after they become soft.  Continue to stir as added. 

Add one can of nacho cheese or pepper jack Campbell’s soup, 4 large chunks of Velveeta cheese diced (I use Jalapeno) and a few TBSPs of butter. 

Cook until thick and all ingredients melt down. 

No comments:

Post a Comment