Tuesday, October 15, 2013

BirchBox Take 2

First off, let me say that it is sad that my husband has quickly noticed how excited I get over the small cardboard box that shows up once a month.  He knew I was having a bad day and told me there was something on the kitchen counter to cheer me up.  Hello October box!!



The Holly review

  1. Folle de Joie perfume – doesn’t stink, doesn’t smell great.  I don’t think it had much staying power either.   I surely won’t be spending $98 to stock up on this one.
  2. Liz Earle Cleanse and Polish Cleaner and Muslim Cloth – I tried this in the bathtub last night and found it refreshing.  The cloth definitely worked better than my standard washcloth.  My skin felt cleaner after a good washing.  If it happens to help these darn breakouts I have been having, I would be willing to splurge on the $21.50 price tag. 
  3. Miss Jessie’s Pillow Soft Curls – Hello big ole curls.  Used in conjunction with my other products (gel, mousse, hairspray…..I have a ton of frizzy hair), this product seemed to work well.  I didn’t notice a huge difference between my current styling crème so I doubt I switch, but still a good product.
  4. POP Beauty Aqua Lacquer – this is where I think Birchbox needs an upgrade.  I REFUSE to wear lipstick or lip gloss.  I would rather saw my lips off with a dull knife than coat them in colored goo.  I plan to pass this along to a friend, but for me personally, I wish I could opt out of colored lip stuff.
  5. ChapStick 8 hour moisture Hydration Lock – They throw a mass market item in occasionally and this one was a huge hit with me.  Please note that Chapstick does not fall into the same goo category as I ranted about above.  I really like this product and will definitely buy it again. 

Overall, October made me happy.  My lips are moisturized, my curls are bouncy and my face is a little cleaner.  In a few weeks, I’ll be stalking the mailbox again =)

No comments:

Post a Comment