Wednesday, October 16, 2013

Chef BoyarHolly

When my husband and I started dating, I think he was appalled by how often I ate out.  He would volunteer to cook for me, and ask why we didn’t just cook something, but I’d blow past all of this and insist on eating at a restaurant.  At the time, I never really stopped to question why, but recently I have solved the mystery.  I HATED MY KITCHEN.  Or more accurately, I hated my lack of a kitchen.  I despised trying to find counter space, I hated digging out pans, pots and utensils from the dungeons, I hated trying to shove stuff back in after it was clean….I just hated it.  Now, enter new kitchen and suddenly I am the next Emeril minus the BAM! 

I’ve been trying new recipes, making freezer meals and having a blast in the kitchen.  We’ve had pot roast, meat loaf, shrimp dip, cheesy chicken and veggies, hot sausage pasta, and some other classics.  Stuffed peppers, chicken fajitas and steak fajitas are waiting in the freezer. 

Here are a few of the recipes that I have tried for the first time. 


Review: I trusted the husband to keep track of this while I took a shower so the ends are a little extra crispy.  It’s definitely moist and tasty and a good way to use up bananas.  I was out of nuts, so we are missing that component, but I will add them next time I make it. 




Review: This was a hit with my family.  Next time, I will use less sauce and more spices.  It was a tad on the bland side and too saucy, but still a good, quick meal. 




And here is what’s for dinner tonight.





I’ll be back with a review on this and some of the freezer meals another day.

BAM!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment