Thursday, March 13, 2014

Babies, Sunshine, Student Loans and Chuck E Cheese – Oh My!

The babies are invading.  I have one friend being induced Friday, a Facebook/high school acquaintance due any day, a dear friend who is getting closer to her due date, 2 coworkers who are growing daily and a consultant who is preggers and invited me to her baby shower this weekend.  It is definitely baby season.  I currently need to invade the baby section to get some gifts, but after the last trip, I’m trying to save up the energy/strength to tackle it again.
With Keith, Perry and me passing sicknesses around, we’ve had a lot of downtime at the house.  I do chores and regular day to day tasks, but that still leaves a lot of down time.  Usually Keith watches TV downstairs and cat naps and I watch TV upstairs, read, take a nice long soak or play on my phone.  While it is nice to have some quiet time, it still bothers me.  I get waves of “Is this it for the rest of our life?”  “How long before this boring life gets old?” and quite honestly, “Will my husband give up on me and pursue his desire to be a Dad again?.” 
The rational part of me knows that Keith is loving and loyal, but the crazy hormonal part of me hates that I am what is stopping us from reaching our dreams.  We have plans to join local pool/mini gym as soon as I get home from Philadelphia, but in the meantime, I just sit and let my mind wander.   With traveling for work, we have to skip this cycle with Dr. Jerkface, but next month, we are back in the race. 
But enough of my Debbie Downer post, on a brighter side.  We got one day of sunshine and 70 degree temperatures.  I had the downstairs windows open and the cats were loving life!!  I can’t wait to start on our yard, sealing our deck, and some other spring projects.    I need to get some sunshine in a bad kind of way…..I am so pale, I look like Casper.
We also paid off all of our student loans this month……man that feels good!!!  I won’t be missing that debt and I’ve already routed the money we had been paying straight into savings so I am not tempted to go shopping.  Although new deck furniture has been calling my name. 
We did make one splurge and went away for a long weekend.  It was a late birthday celebration for Keith and something fun for Perry.  We just drove to Bridgeville, PA and got a hotel room with an indoor pool, went out for a nice Italian dinner and spent the next day at Chuck E Cheese.  The time change made it extra exhausting, but it was totally worth it to see my boys having fun! 
I’ve got house cleaning and laundry to do this weekend in preparation for leaving for Philadelphia for a week of training and then it’s my birthday week!!  Bring on the fun =)   Of course, I’ll be wishing for a baby when I blow out my candles….let’s hope my 32nd year is the year I become a biological Mama.

No comments:

Post a Comment