Monday, January 6, 2014

Ole Faithful

The fact that I am writing a whole blog about this should clearly prove that I need medicated and I’m not quite right.   I am in fact ok with the judging and eye rolling. 

Let me tell you about Ole Faithful…..aka my planner.

I am obsessed with my planner.  It’s clearly one of my favorite things in life and is tangible proof that I am an organized person (read: control freak) and like to clearly have my life planned out (well in advance when possible).

So, I waited too long to hunt down my reliable sidekick.  I blame it on my first year being a married, step-mother in a new house, but honestly, I am just ashamed of myself.  I will never make this mistake again.

Anyway, last year I found my dream planner at Barnes and Noble.  A shameful $20 later and that beauty was mine.  Well imagine my surprise when I went back this year and they had nothing even close to that beauty (obviously I got over the shame of buying an expensive one.)


You see, planners must have the following to meet my needs:
  1. Monthly/weekly view with tabs
  2. Week spread visible when opened
  3. Saturday and Sunday must be side by side.
  4. There must be lines and plenty of writing space.
  5. Must be a large planner (hello, I’m blindish)
  6. Calendar year….Academic year stresses me out
  7. No appointment book style/hourly allotments needed.
  8. Holidays must be pre-populated.

Well, I tried to order one through work.  After 5 failed item numbers, the dear lady ordered me one that “she thought would work”.  After I started breathing again, I thanked her and set out on my mission to find one in a store again. 

Finally, 4 days into the new year and multiple panic attacks later, I found her…at Wal-Mart for $10 (Who knew they stocked the good planners?!??!).  She isn’t the prettiest little thing from the outside, but she fulfills the must haves list.  Each page has a cute orange and pink chevron pattern so that helped too. 

Plain but acceptable

Please ignore my awful pic skills. 

So, you will be happy to know I am breathing again.  All birthdays, anniversaries, milestones, appointments and bill payment schedules have been written in.  I’ve lovingly leafed through her more times than I am willing to admit (a girl has to have some secrets). 

*sigh of relief*

No comments:

Post a Comment