Friday, January 24, 2014

It's IUI Time

Well, we have our first IUI with Letrozole under our belts.

I have been taking OPKs all week and was starting to get worried after each negative.  Yesterday afternoon, I got a partial negative, so I took another late last night and got a definite positive.  We headed to our appointment at 8am and they had me repeat the test and got a positive on the surge.

Next up was a scan with Dr. Jerkface who couldn’t even muster up a “hello or good morning.”  He grunted my follicle report to Vicky (love that woman) and I was excited to hear 22 and 16.  We were sent out for about an hour so we grabbed breakfast then went back.  We were led into an exam room and given Keith’s report.  His swimmers got the top rating and were labeled Dean’s List Swimmers lol.   He was basically strutting around like a peacock.

The best surprise of the day was a new lady (missed her name) did our IUI.  She was nice and talkative and made it a nice experience.  I was so glad Dr. Jerkface wasn’t part of it all.  I had to laugh when she said, “you enjoy your quickie of the day?” haha.  We were left to lay for about 10 minutes and of course I forced Keith to take a selfie for the baby book (I’m trying to be optimistic here.)

We finally were sent on our way.  After a fist bump from Vicky, paying the tab, and a mouthed “good luck” from the sweet receptionist, we were done.  I’m spending the day in a recliner working from my laptop.  The next two weeks are going to drag by!!!


We appreciate all love, prayers and well wishes.  Here’s hoping for a BFP followed by great blood work next month =)

2 comments:

  1. You know I am praying for a BFP!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Friend. I'm lucky to have cheerleaders like you on my side!

      Delete