Wednesday, January 22, 2014

Birchbox Bounce Back


My box showed up in the mail a few days ago.  I was worried about opening it because I had decided that 2 more bad boxes would equal a break up.  Luckily, my monthly date got the message that I was giving it the cold shoulder and stepped up its game.

Here is the Holly Review of the Month:

Coastal Scents Revealed Eye Shadow:  Finally, some make-up aside from lip gloss!!  I was excited about the four colors and tried it first thing the next morning.  I love the way it goes on and glimmers, but it just doesn’t seem to have much staying power.  I think I’ll stick to my cheap brand and save myself the $34.

Dr. Lipp Original Nipple Balm for Lips: Ok, first off, bad name for product.  Second, it tastes awful!!  Yummy taste is the only thing that makes me consider Chapstick so I struggle to even put this on.  This petroleum jelly taste is gnarly.  I think my lips are peeling more now too.

Juicy Couture Viva La Juicy: I love all of their perfumes so far and definitely plan to add one of them to my birthday list this year.  I agree with Birchbox on this one – it is fun and happy.

Serge Normant Dry Conditioner:  I have not had a chance to try this yet.  Honestly, I thought it was another dry shampoo until I read the description card.  My winter hair might actually like this product!!

Under Armour Braided Mini Headband: My favorite item in the box.  I lose headbands off my odd shaped noggin all the time. This puppy is pretty, bright and stays put.  Score!!  Almost makes me want to go workout….almost.

So, Birchbox has redeemed itself.  We will continue to date through February.


No comments:

Post a Comment