Wednesday, November 6, 2013

Standing On My Head

I’ve watched 16 and Pregnant.  I’ve watched Discovery Health’s I Didn’t Know I Was Pregnant.  I’ve seen the emotions a family goes through when their teenage daughter gets pregnant.  It seems like this society is filled with Ooops pregnancies. 

CAN SOMEONE TELL ME WHY IT IS SO DIFFICULT FOR THOSE OF US WHO ARE TRYING TO GET PREGNANT ON PURPOSE?!?!

I’ve read the blogs, the websites, the discussion boards….I am one step shy of looking for Conception for Dummies on Amazon.  I think I get the gist of how it all works.  Thankfully my education in this department did not stop with my mother’s “talk” about the rooster, barn and fertilizer after an episode of Doogie Howser. 

My husband is sick of my beeping thermometer.  I am sick of the Clomid crazies.  My best friend is tired of the whining.  I am starting to feel like this whole adventure is a part time job.  I was hoping I was seasonal help, but sheesh, seems like I am on the permanent payroll now. 

We have passed the 6 month point in our marriage.  The baby questions are flying.  The expectation is there.  I think if my family doesn’t receive a cute prego announcement at Christmas, they are going to be surprised. Today alone, my coworkers joked about my Secret Santa bringing me pregnancy tests and my friend sent a group email demanding I get pregnant.  They mean no harm and clearly have no idea that the questions make my heart hurt.  I’ve naively asked the same questions before…

I have said from day one that I will not go certain routes to be a birth mother.  I pass no judgment on women and their journeys (except maybe Michelle Duggar), but for me personally, I don’t see IVF or any other surgical methods in my future.  I’ll never say never and again, I am 100% onboard for whatever techniques people choose for their family, but right now I’m not even considering that route. 

I’ve feared for years that when I finally found Mr. Right, that my body wouldn’t cooperate.  Hopefully down the road I look back at these ramblings and giggle, but for now, I just ramble and continue standing on my head. 

2 comments:

  1. )c: I long for the day we can look back at this time and say "phew...that was annoying, but sooooo worth it!" Hugs, my friend!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks, friend. I'm excited for those days too...and then I'll be harassing you for prego/parenting advice =)

    ReplyDelete