Thursday, May 8, 2014

It's The Least Wonderful Time of the Year

Once a year it sneaks up on me..... Mother's Day.   Out of no where a call, email or mailing slaps me right in the face.   Specials on flowers,  jewelry and all the other things women love.... specials on all the things that I have no one to give them to. 

Right after Mom died,  this day was spent in bed hiding from the world.   Last year, it was a bit happier because I was officially a step-mom (even though my husband failed to acknowledge the day.... sore spot).  This year; however, has a new sadness thrown in.   I'm the wanna be Mom who has empty arms.

I refuse to crawl back in bed and hide from the world.   I plan on taking my step-mom her gift,  taking flowers to the cemetery, visiting my Mama Tammy (she "adopted" us after Mom died....I still swear my Mommy had something to do with sending her to take care of us) and getting ready for my business trip to Canada.   I've learned distractions help me cope (yes we call that avoidance).  The sweet card from Perry helped too (Dad did better this year)!

So Happy Mother's Day to all the Moms out there.   I hope you treasure the Mom you have and treasure the gift of the little ones that gave you the title of Mom.

Happy Mother's Day in heaven,  Mommy.  I love you. 

2 comments:

  1. )c: Love you, friend. I'll be praying for your weekend to go ok...bring on the distractions!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, love you too! Happy Mother's Day X 3 to you :) Thanks for always being my support through the rough times, friend!

      Delete