Monday, May 26, 2014

Beach Bums

The Riggle clan went on the first family vacation they've ever taken together.  We rented a beach house in Emerald Isle,  NC and set out for a week of fun in the sun.

We arrived late Friday night and crashed with Keith's brother who lives nearby.  Saturday we ran errands and checked into the house.  The rest of the family arrived over the next few days and we all got settled in.

This was my first "stay in" vacation and I didn't properly pack.   We only went sightseeing one day and ate out once as a group.   Luckily right before we left I threw some extra lounge clothes in my bag or I would have been way overdressed all week.  I finally kidnapped Keith for a date night on Friday because I was going stir crazy.  

We did tons of pool and hot tub lounging and thanks to my stupid knee slipping out,  I only walked in the sand twice.   I did at least get a little sunshine and glow.  My kiddo also developed a major bed wetting issue while we were gone,  so that was super stressful! 

At the end of the week,  I was more than ready to come home.   I'm thankful for the experience,  but I now totally understand why they don't vacation together more often lol.  

No comments:

Post a Comment