Friday, September 6, 2013

All or Nothing

I’m an all or nothing kind of girl…black or white…..go big or go home.  I could continue with all of the clichés, but instead I’ll explain myself.  I can’t half do something….if I start a project, I finish a project or I completely scrap it and make it part of the weekly trash pile.

My husband likes to say that I have OCD….I like to think I am thorough and detail oriented.  Potato Potato….

Anyway, sometimes, this gift comes in handy.  I can spring clean a place in a matter of days, I can throw together a party in a few hours, I could produce a huge paper in college in no time.  Then there are times that it is a total curse….when buying a new house, it is a nightmare. 

I am in complete decorate and situate mode.  The minute that house is ours, I have furniture, appliances, light fixtures, curtain rods, blinds and décor ready to go.  Some might argue this isn’t a bad thing…..but when you have no where to store all of these items and can’t make solid decisions it becomes quite a mess. 

Let’s start with appliances: I went to Lowes to get a face plate and left with an order for a washer and dryer (at a great price – thanks to my cousin).  I got the energy efficient deluxe, non-front load style. 

Then that turned into light fixtures:  Spotted a sale on ceiling fans and before I knew it, the cart was full.

Then came furniture….we went to Star in Morgantown and the sleaze sales guy made me mad so we ventured to Fairmont.  Highly recommend those folks.  Anyway we now have a new bedroom set, a new couch, loveseat, accent chair, ottoman, mattress and box springs.  I was on a decisive roll….

That brought us to this past weekend – Labor Day Weekend. 

Big Lots was having a BOGO half price sale….curtains, art work, bedset for Perry, more curtains, throw pillows, storage units and some other odds and ends. 


Then…..I decided we needed a trip to Pittsburgh……that was where things got ugly lol
Home Goods = a decorative piece for the bathroom
Ikea = 2 rugs, 3 mirrors, hand towels, spatulas, 2 bath mats and some other randomness

Rug for living room

Rug for Master Bedroom

And then……heaven on earth…….my first experience at a Hobby Lobby……oh my!!
I could spend hours in there…..luckily they had shortened hours for the holiday so I got pulled out after 2 vases, a few signs/pictures, letters and coat rack for Perry’s wall, and all kinds of other “treasures.”  I am dying to go back.

Before I knew it…I was online shopping JcPenney sales and found blinds, curtain rods and more curtains.

Then at Bed Bath and Beyond buying more artwork and TJ Maxx for pillows.

Then Target for more curtains and stuff for Perry’s room.



So right now, I have a whole house decorated and then some…….I have 3 sets of curtains pending for the living room….can’t make a decision until the furniture arrives.  I know which ones I love, but I need to see how they look with the chair.  I am already returning a bunch of pillows that just aren’t meshing in my head.  I have moved stuff from room to room in my head a thousand times. 

Most people move in and buy a few new things….nope, not this crazy woman.  Thank God I have all of our wedding gifts in storage or I might have to get a second mortgage to finance this craziness!!!!  Not to mention that watching Property Brothers already has me ready to finish the basement in a million different ways. 

BRING ON THE HOUSE!!!!!!!!!




No comments:

Post a Comment