Saturday, December 6, 2014

Furry Kids

On a rainy winter day, I had nothing better to do than reflect on something deep and meaningful.   So here it is....

10 Ways My Cats Are Preparing Me For Parenthood

1.  I've perfected the art of 101 nicknames instead of using their given names.  Josephine Margaret is JoJo Binx, Binkies, Little Mama.   Roosuphus George Harold is Rooey, Roostapher, Handsome Butt.

2. I'm skilled at saying, "Don't bite your Mama," "Quit smacking your sister," and "Do my kids want breakfast?".

3.  I've learned to clean up bodily fluids with minimal gagging.

4. I'm used to sleeping on a quarter of the bed as to not disturb the little ones who've invited themselves in.

5. I've learned how to child/cat proof the Christmas tree.

6. I've learned not to waste my money on expensive gifts, because there's a high chance the box or ribbon are going to be the biggest hit.

7. I've realized that missing or delaying a feeding is welcomed with screams that make you cringe.

8.  I've learned that it's always OK to rock and sing to them.  They might scream louder, but they secretly love it.

9.  I've practiced taking hundreds of pictures of all those major milestones: sleeping, yawning, playing, eating, etc.

10. Last but not least, I've learned to love something so much and do whatever necessary to keep them alive and healthy. 


And now, I'll go back to Gilmore Girls on Netflix.  I really should be wrapping gifts, but these bed hogs have forbidden it ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment