Friday, December 12, 2014

Deck The Halls

We've been decorating!  It was delayed and it's nothing extravagant, but it's just right for us! 
 
I love Christmas....the twinkling lights, the scents, the traditions and the reason for the season, make me jolly. 
 
So here's a tour of our home. 
 
First stop:  My Mom's tree.   After she passed away, I inherited this beauty.  She's not pre-lit, the colors on the branches that guide setup are falling off, and she's massive, but she's mine.   Like my sister has said 20 times, "They just don't make trees like this anymore."   (Of course the pic doesn't do it justice).  I've always dreamed of having a real tree, but my aforementioned sister is allergic, so game over lol.
 
 
 
Next stop: The boys' tree (that I hijacked.) There's a battle in our house, colored lights vs white lights, and this year we compromised.  The boys put up a tree in the kitchen nook and I forced them to add ribbon.   Our family ornaments have migrated to this tree too.   I think our 2014 ornament turned out pretty cute!
 
 
 
 


Next up: The random touches throughout the house.  My musical tree that has been in my family forever and other randomness.   Of course the candles and Scentsy scents are all gingerbread, cookies, cinnamon, etc.
 



 
 
The latest addition: An answer to one of my greatest Christmas issues!  My sister found this lovely piece at TJMaxx and I LOVE it!   I love cards but never had the right place for them, until now. 
 

 
 
What's missing: Stockings and a nativity scene.  These are on my "buy during after Christmas sales."  We have mismatched stockings and no holders.  It's a mess.  And I'm still on the search for a perfect yet affordable nativity.
 
Last stop: Our front door decor and light up packages.   We can't have the neighbors thinking we're Scrooges! 


 
 
Merry Christmas from our house to yours! 

No comments:

Post a Comment