Wednesday, December 11, 2013

Dr. Personality MD

So the big day came and went for us to visit the Reproductive Medicine clinic.  I walked in scared to death (and sick), but luckily a friendly face greeted us.  The receptionist did our basic check-in and joked on whether I was still single (per my records) or if the man standing beside me happened to be my husband.  That helped calm me down.  Then our check-in nurse took us back and continued to be very fun and welcoming.  I started to think that things wouldn’t be so bad.

Next up was a round of 101 embarrassing questions by the PA, who was also pretty friendly.  My nerves had calmed down by this point.  Enter, Dr. Personality.  He barely grunted out names, avoided eye contact and immediately made me feel stupid.  “Why are you here, you haven’t been trying for a year.”  Well, I’m here because my doctor sent me and feels that I need to be here……HELLO, do you think this is where I want to be sitting?!?! 

So next, I’m dragged into a room with 3 people for the most uncomfortable ultrasound ever and again butted heads with him when I tried to tell him about my “special ovary” that wants to live in my ribcage.  He ignored and tortured me for a while longer before we finally tried things my way.  What do ya know….he found it instantly?  Jerk. 

So we make our way back to the room to discuss options.  Basically, he thinks we are jumping the gun.  I disagree.  I ask about the male analysis.  He says the urologist isn’t in the office……um, then why did I have to bring my husband and have him “prepared” for this test?!?!  So, he volunteers to do a half analysis himself (and states we'll be charged for it....um duh) and says he will call us later.

We leave, frustrated.  A few hours later, we receive a call.  We have a male factor diagnosis added on at this point.  Suddenly, Dr. Personality agrees that trying “naturally” for another 5 months doesn’t seem like the best idea.  So, we have another analysis next week and then we start talking washing/IUI/future plans.  I’m still annoyed that they don’t want to look at my tubes like my original (sweet) doctor recommended, but then again, at least they are doing something. 

So, that’s where we are right now…..frustrated but hopeful.  We're hoping at this point that two wrong reproductive systems make a right (i.e. baby). lol

No comments:

Post a Comment