Friday, December 6, 2013

Brain Dump

Life hasn’t exactly been exciting enough to write about lately….I consider this a good thing.  December usually stresses me out….like doctors have to write prescriptions, but this year I’m just not going to get all worked up. 

So instead I’ll write about all of the randomness that is swimming in my head.  Note: You may want medication before you try to follow all this rambling.

  1. I am finally on a treatment plan to get my thumb approved for surgery.  I’m tired of trying to operate with a dud for a left hand, so I put on my big girl panties and am working on it.  A few weeks of OT, followed by some injections (they say they won’t help anything, but the insurance requires you to try) and then we can talk about fixing the darn thing.  I try not to think about them breaking bones, drilling holes and lacing it all back together with tendons…gag!!
  2. We’ve been entertaining in our new kitchen!!!  So far we have hosted some of my people, some of Keith’s people, our old neighbor, Lindsay, friends Dave and Tonya, my MOH, April and her fiancé, my friend from VA,  Jenni, and some other friends, Chris, Jenna and Tayton. I love having the space to cook (or cheat and order take-out) and spend time with these people that we care about…. (PS...don't judge my punctuation, I suck at commas).
  3. Keith’s mom has been having mild, mini strokes.  It is scary, but also a relief to finally know what is going on with her.  I struggle not to butt in and try to “fix” it, but I keeping reminding myself that it isn’t my place (trust me, I struggle).  It hurts me to see him worry about her, even though he tries to maintain his positive thoughts plan (which can drive me plain batty sometimes). 
  4. We are meeting with a doctor at the Reproductive Medicine clinic next week.  I am excited, but super nervous.  Filling out the paperwork was exhausting, but we’re hopeful that we get some answers. 
  5. I am really close to being finished with Christmas shopping.  Hoping by the end of the weekend to have everything bought and wrapped!!
  6. We are participating in the Hoss Foundation Gift Program again this year.  We basically get to wrap gifts for those in need and help deliver them.  Last year, seeing the relief and appreciation in a single mother’s eyes and having her hug us, was by far the best part of Christmas.  I can’t wait to participate again this year. 
  7. Our friends brought us a gorgeous Christmas arrangement last night…something about it reminded me of my Mom and it felt very comforting. 

  8. Our builders are finally fixing stuff for us.  Perfect timing considering a rack on our master closet collapsed…gggrrrr.

  9. We’re doing Secret Santa at work…..mine is kicking butt so far.  Pampering items and candy another day, doesn’t get much better. 

  10. My cousin announced her pregnancy a few weeks ago and then after Thanksgiving announced her miscarriage.  My heart was completely broken for her….she buried her son who was almost 2 weeks old, then had a premature daughter who is perfect in every way now, and then this.  They are going to try again, and I pray this time that everything goes well for them.
  11. I have recently discovered Pentatonix and pretty much think they are fabulous…I am loving their Christmas station on Pandora. 
  12. We are going to Kohl’s and Muriales tonight….life is grand!!
  13. I need to stop rambling so I can accomplish something else today.  However, I am using this rambling to distract myself because I REALLY want to order Pottery Barn personalized stockings for me, Keith and Perry….no Holly, NO!!!

    Wouldn't Holly, Perry and Keith look nice on those?!?!

    Happy Friday!!!! 

No comments:

Post a Comment