Monday, December 23, 2013

Birchbox Bust

Well, Birchbox was a big ole Scrooge this month.  I am hoping this is not the new norm.  The box was small and pretty dull.  I would normally post a picture of the goods, but I got a new phone (I won’t miss an announcement again, Jenni) and the picture I snapped is stuck on the old one, so you will have to use your imagination. 

Camille Beckman Glycerine Hand Therapy:  First off, it has made me sing a song by my beloved Bush.  This stuff smells and feels amazing.  I’ve coated up my hands and elbows (they’re close enough to my hands) several times and then sniff myself continuously.   My hands are a little less dry, but it hasn’t saved me from the winter cracked cuticles. 

Harvey Prince Hello Perfume:  Smells great and seems to last throughout the day.  Will definitely use up the tube, but won’t be rushing out to purchase.

Jouer Lip Gloss: Again, I will wear lip stick or lip gloss at my funeral, not before then.  This will be passed along to my family members.  Note:  Dear Birchbox, PLEASE give an opt out option for certain categories aka don’t send me lip junk!!

Klorane Dry Shampoo:  When I saw this, I instantly said ugh.  I’ve had horrible luck with dry shampoo in the past.  It usually makes my hair greasier and oilier.  This one on the other hand seemed to help.  I managed to leave the house with Day 3 hair (just to run an errand) and at no point did I see my reflection and wince. 

Fatty Sundays Toasted Coconut Pretzel Sample:  First off, my pinky finger is bigger than this thing and second off it was dry.  Please note I normally don’t whine about food, but after the huge candy bar last month, this was a bit of a letdown. 

So there you have it, the mini box for Christmas.  Maybe the Grinch got the good stuff, because Holly surely didn’t.  You better step it up Birchbox, or I will be adding “Cancel unnecessary memberships” to my New Years Resolution list. 

No comments:

Post a Comment