Monday, November 24, 2014

Macaroni Drama

I'm stressed.  Work is stressful.  Holidays are stressful.  Snow stresses my husband which I find stressful.  And don't even get me started on the stress associated with your husband having an ex wife/baby mama.  So right now waiting for blood work results and thinking about trying again is more than I signed up for.

So after a particularly crappy day in the office, I come home to find that my husband can't find the icing for a cake be baked that we needed to take to a dinner.  I dig through the entire pantry, realize my sister might have gotten it mixed in with her groceries, confirm this and reload the pantry and the last box is a jumbo container of elbow macaroni and it went everywhere.  

So I cry.  I go upstairs and dig out my fat pants and I cry.  I suck it up, go to dinner, wear the first bite of food, and ice the cake.   So I cut myself a therapy slice, take a bite and almost gag.  I have no idea whatsoever what my husband did or didn't do, but the cake tasted like nastiness. 

So now the cake is in the trash.  The elbow macaroni is in the vacuum.  My shirt is soaking.  And I'm contemplating a quick stay in the nut house.   Maybe this is what they mean when they say, "She's lost her noodle."

Tomorrow will be better!

1 comment:

  1. Just an FYI…you won the giveaway on my blog. Email me your address to get your bracelet.

    ReplyDelete