Thursday, February 27, 2014

Birchbox Time!

The little cardboard box showed up and I demanded the husband open it while I drive down the road so I can gawk at my goodies.  Definitely not the most exciting loot, but it’s still good stuff.
Protect and Oil Beauty Protector:  I’ve never tried hair oil before, which doesn’t make much sense for a frizzy, curly haired girl, but this stuff was pretty good.  It wasn’t greasy and didn’t stay on my hands after applying.  I think it helped tame my damaged, winter-frizzed hair.  I won’t be rushing out to buy it, but I will continue to slap it on my wet hair when the thought crosses my mind.
Dr. Brandt Pores No More Pore Definer:  Finally found something that tones down my shiny nose and forehead.  I will definitely be using this stuff for photos, special occasions and anytime I have that funny glare coming off my skin.  It doesn’t take much product to get the job done, so the small tube should last me a while.
Joan Vass L’eau Cristal Perfume: I think I smelled like a roasted vanilla bean.  My husband seemed to like the smell.  I have never been a patchouli kind of girl and I have no clue what bergamot is, so I will be passing on purchasing this scent.
OPI Sheer Tints in Don’t Violet Me Down: I love getting nail polishes in the boxes.  I was excited to try this top coat, but the purple isn’t exactly me.  I think I looked frostbit or that I was lacking in oxygen, but I could see myself using this product in pink or another neutral color. 
Harney and Sons Fine Teas:  I am not a fancy tea drinker.  I like plain ole Lipton and sometimes will splurge on a flavored tea at a restaurant.  Needless to say, I would have preferred they send me a k-cup over a tea bag any ole day. 
Overall, it was an ok month.  Definitely celebrating that there was no lip junk involved.  At least I had free gift time at Clinique to make this month a little brighter!!  (You can’t beat Clinique eye liner!!)

No comments:

Post a Comment