Wednesday, July 31, 2013

Impulse Shopping

Written on 7/11/13

I like to shop.  I think Kohls might possibly be heaven sent.  I love to bargain shop.  There is some sort of satisfaction in finding a cheap shirt that fits well that I can get my money’s worth out of. 

I’ve always been an impulse buyer.  I see it, I like it, I can afford it, I buy it.  I don’t live outside of my budget, I don’t live off credit cards, I don’t hoard.  I just like to shop.

Then there are the big ticket items…cars for example.  I’d rather take a bullet in my left foot than buy/sell a car.  I hate the bartering, I hate the games.  I just wish Kohls sold cars (hello 30% off coupon).  Anyway, just simply stating there are exceptions to my shopping rule. 

And then comes house shopping.  I don’t find it nearly as miserable as car shopping, but I must say it is more stressful.  Most people don’t go with the impulse buying in this department, but apparently this girl does.

So my townhouse is under contract; inspector came yesterday and next week is the appraiser.  Nothing about these next few weeks is in my control.

Throw into that mix, the fact that we found a house last night that we want to buy.  That house and its ability to be ours, is completely reliant on what happens with aforementioned townhouse.  We put out an offer, wait to see if they are even willing to take one with contingencies and if they are, we live with the fear that someone can swoop in and take it from us at any time.   What kind of sick game is that?!?!  These people (i.e. realtors, banks, sellers, real estate board) are killing my ability to impulse buy.  They are making me wait it out and think about it and analyze it and stress about it.  Sheesh.



For now, I just remodel the place in my head and wait…..Halls don’t wait well.  It’s not a gift we were graced with. 

No comments:

Post a Comment