Monday, April 4, 2016

Makeup My Way

Today, I'm linking up with Kelly's Korner to talk make-up!!

I have to start with 2 disclaimers.  

1. I'm cheap. 

2.  Convenient is the name of my game!

I've never put a lot of time or money into makeup or pampering goods. $10 was my cap.   I'm the girl that used mascara WAY past the expiration date.  Then my sister moved in with me for a while and I'd occasionally use her makeup.....best/worst mistake!

Suddenly, I realized the fancy stuff from Ulta was kinda amazing.  I was still too cheap to buy it for myself, but after one birthday gift from her, I'm addicted.

So, here's my favorites collection (last 3 product pics borrowed from company websites)

1. Urban Decay Naked Palette - YDK is my favorite color.  The brush is also amazing.


2. Benefit Roller Lash Mascara in black.  It actually gives me the appearance of lashes!


3. Clinique Eye Liner.  I have about 5 colors. They last forever!



4. Urban Decay Eyeshadow Primer. Old Holly never knew she needed this.....a sample came with my palette; now I'm hooked.  I don't wear it to work because I'm not sweating, moving, etc., but on weekends, vacations, trips, etc. I haul out the good stuff.




5.  Eye Shadow Crayons.  I'm still on the search for the perfect brand, so suggestions are welcomed.  I just love the convenience....I can apply while doing something else. 


And you can't wear makeup without the perfect remover/cleaner....


6. Cetaphil Cleaner. The only product I've ever found that doesn't leave my skin greasy or dry.  Takes eye make-up off without irritating my contacts too!


So now I have an Ulta account and an expensive makeup addiction.  Thanks Sister ;)


2 comments:

  1. I am the same way--nothing too expensive--just a few good things (including the same primer)! Knowing that you are the same as me when it comes to cosmetics, I am excited to try some other things you like!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I hope you like the products!! The mascara is my favorite beauty find in years!! :)

      Delete