Wednesday, June 24, 2015

Healthy Eating

Operation Get Healthy has resumed after vacation.   I thought I'd share some of my recent favorites.

Overnight Oats (Aldi had all ingredients)

1/2 cup instant oats (from the tall tube, not the packets)
Teaspoon of flax powder (I bought seeds and grind them)
Teaspoon of chia seeds
Sprinkle of cinnamon
Teaspoon of light agave
10 raspberries
Enough vanilla almond milk to cover all ingredients. 

Pile up the ingredients, cover and refrigerate over night.  
Next morning, stir well and enjoy (I squish up my berries to spread their flavor throughout).



Southwestern Salad. (Aldi had all the ingredients)

A friend recommended some tweaks and this was my final ingredients list.

Chunks
Black Beans
Red bell pepper
Cherry tomatoes
Green onions
Cucumbers

Dressing
Cut back on the cilantro
Over half the avocado
Lime juice
Pre-crushed garlic
A little extra olive oil than they say
White vinegar (didn’t have the fancy stuff)
Salt and pepper

*I might add a jalapeno next time.


I let it set overnight to mesh the flavors and then served over fresh cut Romaine.
 



And my store bought treat of the week was this little box of heaven.  Yum!

No comments:

Post a Comment